11.9.10

Rock Star

During Bank-Holiday weekend this August, I helped a sculpture workshop that was held in Hepworth Gallery Wakefield. So great to see the curious children's expression while building the composition from a flat based cardboard paper to a 3D constrution.

The Gallery will not be formally open till Spring next year. It really is worth the visit to see the building itself if you ever get the chance to visit this part of Yorkshire.
The minimalist silouhette design by David Chipperfield is one of my favourite contemporary building yet to finish in West Yorkshire.
I was not allowed to take picture of its magnificent interior space simply because it is not finish yet.
But I am so sure you guys can imagine how wonderful the building is and how much wonderful natural light can enter inside.
On one of the book that I read these past few weeks was a heart-touching autobiography by the artist Barbara Hepworth herself. Who knows maybe this lovely copies of the book will be re-published again so visitors can see what's inside her mind.


Lv T .

3 comments:

M said...

I was looking at the sculpture and instantly had this in mind:
http://tinyurl.com/26x7oof

cathy. said...

Those sculptures look really interesting!

xx

Vera said...

looks interesting:) thanks for your comment on my site, hope you ll stop by again xx http://fashionispassion-vera.blogspot.com/