26.6.10

Summer Song

What a way to start the week by spending time walking along the canals, play around in organic cow farm with your close friends.
Above is Nina with her delightful walking outfit. At the end of the long walk, we stopped by at an antique shops with many shabby furniture and this little donkey porcelain that sits patiently wanting to be adopted.

I was very thankful to be invited by my friend's end of year orchestra performance who studied in Huddersfield University.
The 1,5 hour show time was divided into 3 different pieces of composition. My favourite act was the first one due to its sounds that were created by basic everyday object like fabric, shoes, brush, and paper cups of coffee. The texture of the sounds sits very comfortably against each other in wonderful rhythmical mode.
We came across so many different sounds everyday from traffic noises, water flushing, ear deafening music through our headphones. Sometimes it's just nice to hear something so organic acoustically against an idyllic structured silence.
Every year Huddersfield host a fantastic Contemporary music festival that's worth visiting. Click their Website here, for more information on how to take part on the event and workshops that runs from summer onwards.

Wow I'm loving these lovely limited edition magazine of WERK. The current issue is hand-printed and full of inspiring patterns and idea by Eley Kishimoto. You can buy it from here.

Many many thanks again for coming back to visit my blog.
For those who are finally manage to stumble here do visit also my lovely friends on the right hand. I will be updating them with more lovely links for those of you independent blogger.
Please get in touch if you have a hyperlink image that you'd like me to add in Loading Darling.
I don't charge any money at all for that. My aim is just to make the space merrier and happier :).

Lv T

5 comments:

Fourth Daughter said...

What a sweet donkey, and lovely pics of your friend too (great shoes!)
I'm not following the soccer ... it's on far too late for such a grandma like me and I don't understand the rules. But I do like to look at some of the attractive players!!

Unknown said...

oh wow i love your blog!!
i love your outfit and how you incorporate colour palettes on the pictures :)
lovely!
thanks for your sweet comment btw! :)
page

Jasmin said...

Yes it is a lovely day :)

The WERK Magazin seems to be very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Tiaz said...

@page: thats my very stylish friend NIna. :)

@Fourth Daughter: HEHE YES I only watch the game when there's beautiful players are playing. Like the Ghana boys.

celina joyce said...

i really would love one of these books, when the bank balance is a little friendlier i intend on purchasing one! x