10.8.10

Extra large and beautiful.




I very much admire magazine editor who put slightly large model to be featured in their publication.
I almost use this post as my point of view on how I can be very moany when it comes to the subject of women who enjoy fashion and look down on big, healthy, and very beauiful model. Also a real dull story (based on real experience) of man who tells their ladyfriend 'fat' and told them too loose few pounds.
Well... fortunately my inner thoughts reminded me that talking about it wouldn't solve any problem nor improve (some) men's taste and persception on 'real beauty' and looked at the positive side of things.
It's a slight relief to see media in UK embraces healthy women with curves and love handle. Still a small step into a major changes but it's a start in appriciating healthy women in all size. It's a start to enjoy good food as it should be enjoy, being comfortable in your own skin without the worry of bad breath, and definately being sexy without the headache from starvation.
Images from Marie Claire France, Tush, Harper Bazaar Australia.
Lv T


10 comments:

Fräulein F. said...

Oh, they look really good! This super-skinny "rolemodel" is so unhealthy for us women. Everybody should be fine with his body - well, I try ;-)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Ce qui m'inspire said...

Yay for curvy models! I'm not sure if you saw, but there was recently an editorial where they airbrushed Crystal Renn down to a size 2! It was terrible! Why would they bother hiring her if they wanted someone tiny?!

As far as curvy women go, I am totally in love with Christina Hendricks. She's so gorgeous! And it's great to see people embracing a larger selection of body types, but at the same time, a body like Christina Hendricks' is still pretty unattainable. It's definitely a step in the right direction, and hopefully someday women of all sizes and heights will be represented in fashion editorials rather than just the 5'10 models who weigh 115 lbs.

Ce qui m'inspire

indigotangerine said...

I'm torn between celebration and sadness that there is a need to celebrate the rare event. Curvy is beautiful, and people who call women fat ought to go dig a hole and die.
-indigo
ps. it's a robins egg! pretty non?

Diana said...

I think she looks great. I am most likely to buy something from a woman of this size, than a skinny woman who I can't relate with. I mean, if she looks THIS good in the outfit, I'd think, heck yes I want to look like this, too.

Jess said...

Definitely agree. Love this post!!

LyddieGal said...

I do love it when we get to see real, unphotoshopped people looking beautiful, just as they are. it's a look worth coveting.

Chic on the Cheap

STEFANIE said...

I truly believe it's all about feeling comfortable in your own skin, be it big or small! And I think editorials like these really are a step forward, I hope more editors would see that :)

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Admirable, indeed.

Every Little Counts said...

we definitely need to see more of this!