21.8.10

Waste not, want not.

Hello.
Yikesss my ageing laptop has been attacked by nasty trojan since last week.
I manage to borrow my mother's computer for a quick updates.

Positive side to this is that, I manage to catch up with my summer project, and reading more fantastic books from the library.
Other than visiting South of England, York, and coffee tasting around West Yorkshire. I've been doing some thinking and tidying around my wardrobe.Its rather shameful that I have few garments that I haven't worn since last time I bought them. There's nothing new with being a young woman who likes clothes and end up with mountains of it and still not knowing what to wear every morning.
So I'm going to set myself a challenge to 'not buy anymore clothes/accessories for 6 months'. Sound like a pretty easy task, no? Well probably not when one of your main passion is consuming well made clothes in wonderful fabrics.
This is why I think I bloged this post to avoid spontanious compulsive buying, on my regular buying trips.


Images: The Original Hipster—a photo editorial shot by Julia Chesky with art direction by Ali Lee.

Lv T

14 comments:

STOCKHOLM AND SOUTH said...

i love the contrast on the first picture!

Ce qui m'inspire said...

Oh wow! Good luck with your self-imposed ban! Try to keep us updated! It will be easier if you feel responsible to your readers to stick to your plan!

I'm really not sure if I could do that. I tend to go in spurts - buy a bunch of stuff, kind of go on a ban... etc. I haven't bought any clothing this summer, but I have bought some accessories, and I've gotten rid of a ton of clothing. The only problem is that I've made a whole bunch of clothing too!! :P

Ce qui m'inspire

Diana said...

Support your local library :)

Errr. I'm not sure how I feel about a homeless man carrying thousands of dollars worth of attire for a photoshoot. It's definitely a statement.

Fourth Daughter said...

Interesting images and your efforts to consume less should be commended (this from myself, who rarely buys anything new, but finds it hard to restrain herself at op shops!)

Veja cecilia said...

love the images. It´s a great idea to stop spending for some time, I wish I could do it aswell. I have tryed but failed. Interesting to see how this cotinues!

Hannah said...

The first photo rules! I don't know what happened to my reading habits, used to be obsessed...

bubblistyle said...

hi thanks for stopping by my blog! interesting pictures :) feel free to follow me!
http://www.bubblistyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hope your computer is better soon!

LyddieGal said...

Not shopping for six months sounds like a very tough challenge. I wish you the best of luck!

And these photos are really awesome/funny/sadly true.

Chic on the Cheap

Fräulein F. said...

Uh, not shopping for so long time?! What a great idea! *finger cross*

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

great images, i hope your ban goes well! x

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Hi there-best of luck on your ban and thanks for stopping by too! x

R said...

hahahaha i love the photos. brilliant. made me smile.

amaturecouture said...

the temptation is worth it:)


xxx

http://amaturecouture.com/