27.9.10

Wabi-Sabi

Hello :D.

Congratulations to Ms. LyddieGal from Chic on the cheap , for winning the freshwater pearl bracelet give away.




Exploring new textures, colours, stories, and mood are definately some of my favourite part on creating wonderful fabrics and print.
The mind get a little bit shocked with over excitement and extensive work load that needed to be put down on a blank sketchbook.
The body is paying the price for the lack of good posture that I've been doing for hand embroidery.
But the heart is so very glad since I recieved new brief in this new term.

So far I have been lost in the world of Leiko Ikemura paintings and sculpture.

Thank goodness for updated 'New books' shelf in the library.
Laura Owens beautiful palette just makes me a very very very
happy bunny.


Images are from Shugoarts; Artsjournal; Artnet; and Walker art.



Lv T.

6 comments:

LyddieGal said...

These are so beautiful! I love the birds in the crowded cage and the bed.

And yay!!! Thanks, I'll be emailing you shortly!

Chic on the Cheap

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I love that last picture. It reminds me of a painting by Toulouse Lautrec that I saw years ago. Perhaps it's the sketch for it. You can just imagine how warm it is under the covers....

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the cute comment on Blog. I don't hear often that someone like my hair. I think it's a real disaster!;)
xx, Alice from bells and whistles.
Ps: Maybe you want to follow my Blog. I would be glad!:)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Make it Easy said...

thanks for visiting my blog
you have a lovely one yourself :-)

ps: call him

Ella said...

wow, what a fantastic painting!